Digital Gallery Browse
The Marshall Apothecary (1729-1825), 1954
In 1954, the pharmaceutical corporation Parke, Davis & Company published an illustrated history of medicine that included a representation of the Marshall Apothecary in Philadelphia. Established by Christopher Marshall, an Irish immigrant in 1729, and later operated by his two sons Christopher Jr. and Charles, this shop became an important training school for pharmacists and a supplier during the Revolution.
Courtesy National Library of Medicine
Creator:Robert A. Thom